Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On Replying All...

UPDATE:

The current reply all email frenzy is now on its approximate ohh 20th email?

Here' are some favorites:

enough is enough let's get back to work ya'll

Please stop "replying to all."

I count 14 emails so far. Thank you everyone! :-D

I love how this happens every year. This whole Reply to All thing really makes my day.




INCOMPETENT!




A current office email was sent to a large contingent of employees. This email required employees who were out of scope on a certain "project" to let the contact know that they in fact were not to be included in this email. The instructions asked for a reply telling the contact of the situation.

Now, if I fit this criteria, I would have clicked "Reply" and shot an email over to the correct contact. Instead of doing this, the fucking retards that I work with decided instead to click "Reply-All" when sending this email back to the contact. My inbox is now full of stupid responses when this could have easily been prevented by clicking "Reply" instead. Funnier than this is the email to all saying "Lets hit Reply to All so everyone gets a response". This response was also followed with other "cease and desist" emails, telling people that click "Reply-All" to STOP.

Case in point of being able to be aggressive via email as long as you drop an "Ok, Thank you!, Best! (insert your name)".


Thank you internet for making hostile and passive aggressive communication possible.


Best!

PS: The funniest part was that one of the people clicking reply all has, not only an MS, but a PHD...guess it doesn't teach you common sense. Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment