Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On Winter Weather

dear winter,



Not only is this open letter for you, winter, but also you, phil, of puxatahnee (however u spell that one!). While I appreciate what you are doing for me, in terms of the desire to bundle up and stay warm, you are also failing in a few categories, allow me to elaborate:

1) Work did not get as much as a 1 hour delay today, this, is unacceptable. First off, if you are going to unleash "winter weather", go ahead and just straight up unleash it. This leads to my next point,

2) Please, unleash on days when I am to be at work, not on Saturday. Last time on a Sunday was fine but I'm looking for more of you on the weekdays...get to it.

3) Here is my biggest complaint concerning the recent "chill" in the air: short sleeves, short skirts, and shorts. I miss, dearly, all three of these things. I also miss wearing sandals and swimming and sun dresses. I really wish Phil had stayed in his whole thus not being able to see his shadow and thus guaranteeing the things I love about warmer weather.


I would like to end my comments to you, "Winter", saying that I do appreciate what you do but I really want a hot dog from a grill, a burger nicely blackened, a baseball game in person, a bikini here and there, and all the other joys that show up once you're gone.


I bid you a fond farewell in your off season, better luck next year/this weekend when you snow the fuck all over me.


Thanks again.




Seth

1 comment: